Our main goal is to promote the birding and wildlife observation of Shoshone Wetlands and the surrounding areas. We are currently constructing Shoshone Wetlands Nature Trails through previously inaccessible desert riparian areas.
Our additional goals:
- To offer weekend workshops featuring well-known birders, nature photographers, astronomers, geologists, herpetologists, etc.
- To inspire local kid's interest in environmental careers through field trips, a desert ecology club, and educational events with Death Valley School District , Parhump, NV , and Las Vegas, NV School Districts.
- To offer free weekly bird walks to travelers and locals alike.
- To transform a former commercial catfish pond into a natural desert wetlands bird viewing pond including photography blinds by utilizing NANPA Foundation –Photo Blind Grant Program.
- To construct 4 other photography blinds in nearby wetlands areas utilizing NANPA Foundation –Photo Blind Grant Program.
- To form a competitive birding team that will participate in events throughout Southwestern USA.
- To offer 4x4 birding / nature field trips to remote areas otherwise inaccessible.
- To highlight the connection between Shoshone Village Wetlands and other well known birding and wildlife areas and organizations, e.g., Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, Devil's Hole, Death Valley National Park, China Ranch, Grimshaw Lake, Red Rock Audubon Society, Eastern Sierra Audubon Society, and Mojave National Preserve.
- To educate off-road enthusiasts and motorcyclists, with brief and friendly events emphasizing enthusiastic cooperation between often conflicting recreational interests.